The Rhododendron Park is located in pine-dominated boreal forest, at the end of Kirkkoväärtinkuja. The Park of Raisio was founded in 1999.
The park features both Finnish and foreign rhododendrons, about 1,860 in total, with 215 different varieties. The plants have been planted by volunteer citizens. The park has been expanded a few times and it is now 4.5 hectares in total.
The pine-dominated boreal forest has wetlands and a small pond. In addition to the rhododendrons, various pine trees, vines, perennials, ferns and wetland vegetation have been planted in the area.
The Rhododendrons bloom from the end of May to Midsummer. You can visit the park freely. There is a parking lot next to the park.
- Only walk on the pedestrian pathways and forest paths paved with stone ash.
- The forest paths are only intended for pedestrians. Cycling and driving on mopeds are prohibited.
- Do not harm the vegetation in any way. Gathering plants is prohibited.
- Please do not walk through wetlands or areas with planted or natural vegetation;
- trampling harms the vegetation.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash. Do not allow dogs to relieve themselves next to planted
- vegetation. Please pick up after your dog.
- No smoking.